Thursday, July 20, 2006

July 20, 2006
Is that a knife in your ankle or are you just screaming for no reason at all?

A little MORE than a year ago I was complaining about my ankle. I have had some pain in it off and on over the years.

This morning I awoke with the tell-tale feeling that I MIGHT be having some more problems with it...

Basically, I couldn't put any weight on it without it KILLIN' me! It is really back by my achilles tendon where the pain is. It feels like a deep cut. If I didn't know better, or be able to actually SEE it, I would swear there was a knife sticking out of my ankle... cause it feels like I got stabbed there.

Let me tell you... on the pain scale... this is HARDLY a boo boo. But since I don't write a blog called "I'm Frickin' Dyin From Pain", I am left to write about it here on boo boo de jour.

This is a sort of gout attack I guess. I never get the swelling they say comes with it. I never get the other side effects... just the agonizing pain part. I go to the doctor and they test my blood for elevated levels of uric acid and it just isn't there. So who knows why this happens.

I can tell you one thing. And I have read this in several places online. There are VERY few pains that feel as sharp and agonizing as this. This kind of pain hurts regardless of how you are sitting, laying, standing, or whatever. It keeps you from sleeping by giving you this relentless feeling of someone turning a steak knife in your ankle. Round and round. People have reported this kind of pain as the worst they have ever felt.

I told my doctor last year, after he asked me to rate it on a scale from 1-10, that "since I am reserving 10 for the split second before I die, this is a 9.99".

I know this isn't a classic boo boo per say, but it is what is ailing me today. And as I limped from the parking lot to my desk this morning, I thought, perhaps I should tell all my millions of readers about it.

After all, what makes Boo Boo De Jour so engaging is the fact that I can laugh at myself in the face of pain both small and large. And that struggle is what I share with you here.

In other words, feel sorry for me NOW!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home